I love making this Swedish recipe and although it may seem difficult to make, it is fairly easy and makes a beautiful side dish that can easily impress your guests.
I prefer to use charlotte potatoes because they hold their shape well and when sliced they open up like a flower with a beautiful flesh colour.
- 8 small -medium organic roasting potatoes, unpeeled
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- Salt and pepper
- Rosemary springs
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Scrub the potatoes well or peel them.
- Place a potato on a chopping board. Make sure they don’t roll around.
- Using a sharp knife, carefully and gently, make small cuts in the potato ¾ of the way through, so the slices still remain attached at the base. Make the slices all along to the end.
- Repeat the same process with the remaining potatoes.
- Put in a greased roasting dish and brush the surface of each potato with the melted butter.
- Now drizzle with oil, trying to get some into the space between the slices and season with a good amount of salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with rosemary
- Bake in the oven for 50-60 minutes or until the flesh is soft. Check the potatoes every 20 minutes and brush them again with butter or oil.
- Serve immediately.